Since the weekend I have come across a couple of articles one online and the other in print about the new Tablet PC called Adam. It has been already labeled as the i-Pad killer. Making such predictions on a device being able to take on another and trounce it is very difficult. But comparison with the iPad will be inevitable. It will be presented to the world at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona. Adam has been developed in India in Hyderabad by Notion Ink. India has had a lot of success regarding teh software industry but Adam just might be the first big hardware product to come out of India.
Image of Adam Tablet: Technoholik
- The screen will be PixelQi Screen (10 inch) and will actually consumer about a tenth of the power a Macbook’s screen does. This will also mean 10 hours of HD video being played without battery running out.
- It will have a Camera (something iPad does not) and will support connectivity with Wi-fi, 3G and bluetooth. It will probably not have a 3G version in India; as the infrastructure for 3G currently is not too enthusiastic for Adam.
- The best part is that Adam will come with a OS which is Chromium, Android and Ubuntu. This means open source and the source code will be made available for Adam for allowing a free hand to developers to make their own customizations to the OS.
- The browsers will be Firefox and Chrome and it will have support for Flash and Multitasking.
- The price range will be somewhere between $300 to $800. I guess Adam Tablet will be slightly cheaper than the iPad.
There are numerous features which Adam has and iPad does not. But it would be unfair as far as comparisons go as more features being included does not mean it is a better product. We can only wait and see what the Adam will turn out to be.
Meanwhile do watch a video presentation by Notion Ink.
Hope you like it and tell me what do you think about it through your comments.