I did make a fuss about it and finally it happened. I am talking about the MacBook Pros launch which finally happened on 24th February and just as the rumor said, 5 models in three categories: 13”, 15” and 17” are launched.
I did go through the technical sheet for each of them and found that while there are 2 sub-models each under 13” and the 15” models, the 17” model is unique. Each of them gives you 7 hours of un-interrupted battery even while wireless web surfing. I think writing anything about “Unibody” would not be justified, so I am including this video below.
Let me give you a brief idea about each of these models, after which I will explain you the wonder Apple has done this time!
13” MacBook Pro
(The cheapest sub-model available)
- Processor: 2.3 GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 / 3MB L3 cache
- Graphics: Intel HD Graphics [384MB DDR3 SDRAM shared]
- Memory: 4GB RAM, 320GB Hard-drive
15” MacBook Pro
(The cheapest sub-model available in this range)
- Processor: 2.0 GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 / 6MB L3 cache
- Graphics: Intel HD Graphics [384MB DDR3 SDRAM shared]. Additionally, AMD Radeon HD [256MB GDDR5 memory]
- Memory: 4GB RAM, 500GB Hard-drive
17” MacBook Pro
- Processor: 2.2 GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 / 6MB L3 cache
- Graphics: Intel HD Graphics [384MB DDR3 SDRAM shared]. Additionally, AMD Radeon HD [1GB GDDR5 memory]
- Memory: 4GB RAM, 750GB Hard-drive
Just look above at the text I have marked in bold, you will see AMD alongwith Intel in Graphics section. Apple has done the magic of bringing together two parallel technologies with automatic graphics switching. Though I myself own a PC, I have started falling in love with Apple, no doubt even you deserve to fall for it 😉
Do post your thoughts and queries just in the box below.
Source: Press Release