AVG’s has come to India with its Free 8.5 security software! AVG Technologies have entered the Indian market (home and small business) with their free security solution, challenging Microsoft’s free antivirus Morro, which is scheduled to be launched by the end of 2009.
AVG’s security solutions suite in India includes:
- AVG Identity Protection
- AVG Anti-Virus
- AVG Anti-Virus + Firewall
- AVG Internet Security
What you get with AVG Free 8.5 Free
AVG Free 8.5 comes with the following options to provide protection against malware or phishing attacks
AVG’s anti-virus products are distributed in India by Milestone Interactive Group.
What you don’t get with AVG 8.5 Free
- Anti-Virus & Anti-Spyware: Protection against viruses, spyware, adware and trojans
- LinkScanner Active Surf-Shield: Protects in real time against poisoned web pages while you’re surfing
- LinkScanner Search-Shield: Real-time safety ratings for all search results in Google, Yahoo and MSN/Live search
- AVG Security Toolbar: Easy access to LinkScanner tools, built-in search capability
AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition is for private, non-commercial, single computer use only. The use of AVG Free within any organization or for commercial purposes is prohibited.
This AVG Free 8.5 is compatible with
- Windows 7 (RC)
- Windows Vista
- Windows XP
AVG is focused on providing home and business computer users with the most comprehensive and proactive protection against computer security threats. With more than 80 million active users around the world, the AVG family of security software products is distributed globally through resellers and through the Web and supports all major operating systems and platforms.
Now that AVG has introduced the free version in the Indian market, it plans to announce other commercial products in India soon.
Click here to download AVG Free 8.5.
Share your comments on what you think.
(Source: press release)
I think they are going to launche AVG with some marketing strategy.
I have been using avg 8.5 free for a long time[in India] (using avg free since 7.0). What is this ‘launch’ in India? I think the commercial product is the only thing launched in India. Even that [commercial version] you could have bought by paying in dollar terms via credit card anyway.
What is the cost of the commercial/pro version in india (in rupee terms)
Local launch of any international product means, a local presence of the marketing team.
Few things you could typically experience in any such launch would be:
1. Localization of the product
2. A local website to buy the full product (you shall now be able to purchase it in Rupees)
3. A local support team (a local toll free number for the Indian customers), etc…
Specific details are not yet available. Let us wait to hear on that soon.