Although Google still dominates the US and global search market, Bing seems to have made some progress lately. Although it is still behind Yahoo search, but Bing has increased Microsoft’s share of search market by 1% in the US as per the analysis done by StatCounter in June.
Highlights from the June StatCounter report
- Microsoft had 8.23% of the search market
- Yahoo had 11.04%. of the search market
- Google continued to dominate the US market but slightly fell back from 79.07% in April to 78.48% in June.
Although a 1% increase in market share is not a huge return on the investment Microsoft has made, but the trends still appear quite positive for Microsoft’s new search engine.
Take a look at Microsoft’s market share for May/June in the US:
- 18th to 24th May: 7.41%
- 25th to 31st May: 9.11%
- 1st to 7th June: 9.21%
- 8th to 14th June: 7.47%
- 14th to 21st June: 7.6%
- 22nd to 28th June: 8.45%
Reports globally reveal that:
- Microsoft, from 3.08% in April has reached to 3.30% in June.
- Yahoo, in the same period, has fallen from 5.48% to 5.15%.
- Google continues to dominate the global market with 89.80%.
Slow and steady, Bing continues to grow! Microsoft should be happy with the continued positive market reaction since its launch.