Finally Firefox 3 came out of beta and Firefox 3 Release Candidate 1 is available for download in 45 languages.
It includes new features as well as dramatic improvements to performance, memory usage and speed. I am using it along with Firefox 2 from quite sometime now and below is small list of its impressive new features…
- One-click site info: Click the site favicon in the location bar to see who owns the site and to check if your connection is protected from eavesdropping.
- Anti-virus integration: Firefox will inform anti-virus software when downloading executables.
- Resumable downloading: users can now resume downloads after restarting the browser or resetting your network connection.
- Full page zoom: from the View menu and via keyboard shortcuts, the new zooming feature lets you zoom in and out of entire pages, scaling the layout, text and images, or optionally only the text size. This is there in Opera browser from long time.
- Star button: quickly add bookmarks from the location bar with a single click; a second click lets you file and tag them.
Complete list of new features is here.
This is still a preview release intended for developer testing and community feedback so if you want to stick to the stable version, use Firefox 2.0.14.
Links: Download Firefox 3 RC1
(via Quick Online Tips)
I have been getting the prompt to upgrade to Firefox 3 –
I was wondering whether i should or should i stick to the Firefox 2 ?
You better update Firefox to latest version. FF 3 is much better than FF 2. 🙂
Will Do !