We will be upgrading our servers for things listed below tonight (after 1 hour).
We are expecting downtime from 30 minutes to 1 hour. As we have so many things to upgrade/improve, downtime is unavoidable. 🙁
All guest bloggers requested to save their posts/work before 3AM if they are planning to write tonight.
Things we will be doing!
- Upgrade Ubuntu 9 to Ubuntu 10 (LTS)
- Upgrade WordPress MU 2.9.2 to WordPress 3.0
- Turn on nginx fastcgi_cache
- Migrate from php-fastcgi to php-fpm
- Say bye-bye to Wp-Super-Cache and use w3TotalCache with nginx
- Enable CDN on other blogs
- Remove domain-mapping plugin (we don’t need it anymore for domain mapping to work, in our case at least! See this post)
- Enable APC and memcache and configure w3Total Cache to use these high-performance extensions (will post about this later on wpveda)
Following blogs/sites will be affected…
- Devils Workshop
- Blogger To Wp Migration
- Media Bp
Also if any other sites in our network or hosted/managed by rtCamp goes down please bear with us.
We will be coming back with faster server! Really… 😉
Update: Maintenance is over with 20 minutes downtime total. Items striked out are skipped for various reasons.
(Image credit: chaufkipeut)