Two months ago Facebook launched a new program called Facebook for Android Beta Testers. This program allows Android users to test the latest experimental features in the Facebook app. Obviously, this beta edition of Facebook for Android will not be full coded and may cause problems. If you are enthusiastic about helping Facebook build a better app, you should definitely be a part of this program.
Google launched a beta testing program at the Google I/O 2013 conference held on May 2013. With the beta testing program, Android developers can roll-out the updated versions of their apps to a particular group of users, beta testers, to know how those versions perform before rolling out to all the users.
How to become a beta tester?
Becoming a beta tester is really simple. You’ll have to join the Facebook for Android Beta Testers group on Google Groups, install the beta version of Facebook app and you’re ready to go.
- Go to Facebook for Android Beta Testers group and click the Join Group button.
- Once you’re a part of that group, go to this page and click the Become a tester button.
- Uninstall Facebook if you have that installed on your device already.
- Download Facebook from Google Play Store and you’re good to go.
- If you want to report bugs or share some thoughts about this beta app, you can share them on Facebook for Android Beta Testers Facebook group.
Things to note:
- You should join this group with the Google account associated with your Google Play Store.
- If you don’t get the beta version of Facebook even after trying the above steps, restart your phone.
This program is available to any Android user running either Gingerbread, Ice Cream Sandwich or the latest Jelly Bean.