With Firefox 2.0, many of old extensions facing compatibility problem!
Gleb Reys posted 3-ways to make old firefox extensions compatible with firefox 2.0! The three way covers up so many details that u will end up either making ur old extensions compatible with firefox or removing them for sure!
The 4-th way I’m presenting here based on 3rd way! This is for all firefox extensions developers! Just follow the steps below…
1. Open the directory of your extensions source code n locate “install.rdf”.
2. Look for following fields…
3. em:maxVersion field specifies the maximum firefox version with which your extension is compatible.
4. Just replace “1.5.0.” with “2.0.“.
5. Save “install.rdf” n rebuild your extension! Thats it!
A word of caution!
Don t forget to test your extension before releasing although this will work most of the times!