Photoshop is a great piece of software for people who want to edit images. But most people need only minor tweaks and some changes. For such changes I find using Picnik very useful. Unfortunately, Google is shutting down Picnik, as a standalone online image editor.
I thought of searching for some good alternative and ended up finding Adobe Photoshop Express Editor. The online tool is pretty good and might not have all the features from Picnik, but it has a few good options.
Photoshop Express Editor Features
- You have to create an account to access the free online editing tools with Photoshop Express.
- I could upload images online and organize them into albums or folders. Users can choose to have some images public or private.
- Each image can be edited separately. This pulls up an online image editor like we see in the image above.
- I could sharpen the image, make changes to its contrast and other usual effects like adding text, dialogue bubbles etc.
- Once you register, you can get upto 2GB free storage space for your images.
Photoshop should target Picnik users
A lot of users of Picnik, are not happy that their images stored with Picnik, will now have to be moved or downloaded locally. I think Adobe should target more users from Picnik by offering an automated tool to transfer images. Unfortunately, Adobe usually is not a very proactive about its products unless they are paid ones.
Try out Photoshop Express Editor and drop in your comments.
Link: Photoshop Express Editor