Most if us agree that WordPress is the best blogging platform. But to enjoy complete power of wordpress, you should host it on your own. For hosting a WordPress blog you need a good hosting service with PHP and SQL database enabled. I prefer 000WebHost. So let’s get started with a 5 minute installation
- Register with 000WebHost
- Download the latest stable version of WordPress. I prefer you to use the link given here because I had made some changes (deleted unnecessary files).
- Now create a SQL database and an user and choose your password from your hosting server.
- Extract the contents to a folder and open wp-config-sample.php in the notepad.
- Edit the marked places(4 areas) with your database details.
- Now save the file as wp-config.php. Dont over write wp-config-sample.php.
- Now upload the downloaded .zip file to the server and unzip it.
- Now upload the wp-config.php file.
- Now, run the file “http://your-site-address/wp-admin/install.php”
- Now you will receive your admin username and password.
Now the whole process is finished. So start blogging and install your favorite themes and plugins… 🙂
If you have any queries use the comment form. Enjoy… 🙂