After all the security issues around Google Chrome after about 8 months of its launch and the critical vulnerabilities it had stirred up, Google Chrome finally claims to have come out stronger. Today, Google announced the new version of its Chrome browser that is said to be faster, safer and less prone to bugs.
Well, that’s yet to be seen…
The existing Chrome users need not worry about updating to the new version. The browser will automatically update within a span of next 3 weeks.
New & Improved
- Some 300 stability bugs have been fixed by Google’s Chrome engineers, so hopefully, the Chrome browser will crash less.
- Some enhanced security features have been added to Chrome making it difficult for any malicious program entering on the users hard drive.
- The interactive web pages will run even faster now, even when the users have lots of tabs open.
- Improved New Tab Page: The users can now remove the thumbnails from the New Tab page by hiding whatever they wish to from the Most Visited section.
- Full Screen Mode: Now the users can hide the title bar and the rest of the browser window by hitting F11 or selecting the option in the Tools menu and get a full screen view.
- Form Autofill: Form autofill will show information the users have previously entered into the same form fields automatically. If at any point the user wants to clear out the information, that’s easy to do from the Tools menu.
Hopefully, this would help solve all the security problems Google Chrome had been facing in the recent past. It’s time to wait, watch and keep our fingers crossed!
(Source: Google chrome blog)