Google has finally revealed the technical specifications of “Google Glass” .
Google Glass Specs
- The Google Glass will have a camera that takes photos at 5MP and records videos at 720p.
- The audio for Google Glass uses Bone Conduction Transducer. This technology allows the conduction of sound into the inner ear through the skull bone. It is a technology which is often used in hearing aids.
- The Battery life is considered as one full day of typical use. This typical use terms is not clear as we do not know how Google Glass will be typically used and how much it will be used.
- The storage claims 12GB of usable memory. All this data will also be synced with Google cloud storage.
- The device will be compatible with a bluetooth-capable phone. A companion app called MyGlass requires Android 4.0.3 (Ice Cream Sandwich) or higher on their phones.
What is MyGlass companion app?
MyGlass enables GPS and SMS messaging from your phone to your Google Glass. This app currently will also help in configuring the Google Glass device. This means that if you want to use Google Glass, you will need a Android phone by default for it to be of any practical use.
The technical specs seems to be pretty decent and it will be interesting to see if other tech giants follow with augmented reality glasses. For the moment I still think Google is perfectly placed do great things with Google Glass.
Do drop in your views and comments.