The Canadian telecom company Wind, listed the Google Nexus 5 phone for pre-registration on its Facebook page. The post has been removed now but it was up for enough time people to take screenshots of the registration screen.
The phone is expected to be announced anytime soon. Google itself has listed it “mistakenly” on the Play Store. The mistaken listing now more or less confirms the expected specs for the Nexus 5.
Expected Nexus 5 specs
- The screen will be 4.95-inch 1080p display.
- Phone will run on 2.3GHz Snapdragon 800 processor with 2GB of RAM
- The front facing camera will be 1.3 MP and the back camera 8 MP.
- Obviously the OS will be Android 4.4 KitKat.
- The phone will be available in two versions 16GB and 32 GB.
The leaks of phones is getting so ridiculous that hardly anything new is ever announced, which is a secret until the day of the launch. But the level of mistaken leaks sometimes, makes me wonder if these spec and image leaks are not just stage managed mistakes.
Whenever Nexus 5 is announced, much of what it will have will already be known. So the real surprise elements in store could be with what is new with Android 4.4 KitKat.
Source: The Verge