Any successful Software Company has a Hacker in its team. At Facebook all night coding sessions are known as Hackathons. Facebook engineers are fueled with food, fun and a chance to make something great. This year Facebook has released a Hackathon Cup.
Facebook is calling engineers from all over the world for this Hackathon. The engineers will compete in a multi-round programming competition. The one who solves it all with the best accuracy and speed will be the winner.
What will happen in Facebook’s Hackathon Cup 2011?
- Three online rounds and one final round at California, Facebook’s headquarters..
- Registration will open on December 20.
- Facebook will pay to fly and will accommodate the top 25 hackers from the 3rd online round.
- Prize will be $5,000 USD and title as world champion to the top hacker, $2,000 for 2nd place, $1,000 for 3rd, and $100 for 4th through 25th. Awesome t-shirts for the top 300 hackers coming out of the second online round.
How to Apply in Facebook’s Hackathon Cup 2011?
- Try out the Puzzles given on the Puzzles Page.
- Solve it and mail the answer to Facebook.
- Follow the guidelines given on the Page.
- If you fail to follow the guidelines properly then your answer will not be accepted.
This is a great opportunity to be the World’s Top Hacker. I think anybody who loves to solve puzzles as much as Facebook does and has strong analytical skills should be at this competition. Wish you all the best. So how many of you are actually going to attend it? Feel free to share your views through the comments below.