Are you famous enough to be on first page of Google’s search result?
Try ‘Googling’ your name or the name of a person you know and check the results shown by Google from their index database. It will most probably display links to the profiles you have on different websites on the internet.
For example, results from forums and discussion websites; like when I Google my name (vishwanath dalvi) , Google displays my Facebook and LinkedIn profile listed on top followed by devilsworkshop author page.
People Google their name to see their blogs, websites and to check its status in Google index database.
Setting up Google alert:
You can setup Google alert, a service offered by Google which emails you the updates for your Search terms which are continuously updated in Google’s index database,For example, you can setup alert for your name or for your favorite website in Google alert.
Whenever the Google index gets updated you will get email about the search results from Google.
Steps setup Google alert:
- Sign in to your Gmail account and then go to http://www.google.com/alerts.
- In ‘Search Terms’ section, put the term for which you want to receive the updates.
- In ‘Type’ section, select the type of search; everything, blogs, discussion, videos, news.
- How often it should happen; daily, weekly.
- Search result length; top 20 or 50 results.
- Deliver to your mentioned email address.
- Create alert.
Now you can get to know Google results for your name and anything that you didn’t know about your name and Google discovers it for you.