Watchitoo is a collaboration site that will allow you to watch YouTube videos, share slide shows and collaborate through a single window with all your online friends. This way you can host your own shows and watch them with your friend(s) sitting together in a virtual room.
The service is currently available in private beta version and pre-registration for the site is open. Luckily, I got a private invitation to try out its features. Here is what I found at the site…
- You can search for content to share on YouTube, Photobucket and Yahoo Images
- You can invite as many as four other friends to chat in the video conferences at the same time
- You can do web phone calls or conduct webinars that others can subscribe to
- You can share slide shows and discuss them live
- You can build your own social network group around your content
How it works?
- Search for your favorite YouTube video, Yahoo Images or Photobucket images. You can even upload images from your computer.
- Add them to your show
- Mark your show as private or public
- Open your show to go live
- Invite friends to watch your show
- See your friends watching the show, through their webcams
- Chat with them using text messaging
- All this is possible in a single collaboration window
The service simulates a synchronized environment, bringing the web meetings concept from board rooms straight into your living rooms.
The public beta version of the service is built on a patent pending technology and is reported to go live on June 1. Initially the service will be absolutely free to use.