If you want to dedicate just one page to the Chat room, and don’t want it to be available on all the pages of the website, see Add a Chat Room to Your Blog in 3 Easy Steps.
This is a quick tutorial to tell you how you can add a chat room in the sidebar(which will be available on all the pages of your website/blog and hence will connect all of them together).
1. Go to the Create a Chatroll page.
- Give a suitable name to your ChatRoom and a URL that is available and suits you. Click Next.
3. On the next page you get a link to create your chatroll account. It is recommended to create a new account, to secure the data and to give you administrative rights over the chatroom. You can follow the steps on the right side of the page(see screenshot below) to popularize it. Yet, you can also skip the step.
- Down next, you’ll see a button labeled ’embed’
- On the embed page, choose narrow sidebar, set your other preferences(text colour, chatroom colour etc.) and copy the Embed code.
- Now, Go to your wordpress account’s dashboard and click ‘Widgets’ near the botton left of the page under ‘Appearance’.
- On the ‘widgets’ page, Under the tab ‘Available Widgets’, Choose ‘Text’ and drag it to the ‘Sidebar’ tab on the right.
- When dragged to the sidebar, it’ll open up. Now, In the first small box, type ‘Chat Room’ and the second big box, paste the code and click save.
Leave comments if you liked it!
(Image Credits: SOLELY MINE!)
[Editor’s Note: This post is submitted by our guest blogger Himanshu Kalra, alias TooYoungGeek. Himanshu is a young geek who believes in finding and sharing with others the best of the internet!