Yes it’s true that you can run infected files on your system without getting the system infected. Sandboxie is an Application that allows you to do so. This is useful in circumstances where you have a USB device or installing a not so known file on your computer. Sandboxie can help you install the program even if it is infected without getting your system affected.
Here is a quick demonstration
- I have downloaded a infected file. 🙁
- Kaspersky prompts me that the file is infected.
- Thankfully I have Sandboxie on installed on my computer. 🙂
- Now run the file. You have to navigate to the folder that has the file which is infected.
- Right Click on the file and then Click “Run Sandboxed” from the drop down menu.
Just a few points of some note. Sandboxie is not a Anti-Virus software and having an updated antivirus program is still the best way to keep your system safe.
Do try out Sandboxie and drop in your comments.
Link: Download Sandboxie