In my previous article I have explained about the importance of Twitter Search. Now in this article I’m going to explain what you are going to loose if you are not visible on Twitter search and what are the measures that are to be taken to in-order to avoid your-self discarding from the Twitter Search.
As I said Twitter Search is a gold mine, that plays a crucial role in driving the traffic to your website from website. But what happens if your not been show on the Twitter Search.
It means that you are missing a great chance. According to me, there is no use of using the Twitter as a platform for sharing your website/web-content.
Lets us check our selves, whether we are being displayed at Twitter Search or not :
- Go to Twitter Search.
- Enter “from:username”. For example Im using “devils_workshop”.
- Lets try it out to check whether devils_workshop is appearing on twitter search or not. from:devils_workshop. The results appeared.
- Try out with your username this time, if the results appear then utilize the best chance that you got, if not its the time to react.
What you have to Do if your account is not showing on twitter Search:
- Unless you problem is been fixed go to status.twitter.com and see whether if there is any problem at twitter.
- Twitter is having its own forums page, file a complaint over there. Just wait for 2 days not more than that. I’m saying according to my experience, you may not get reply for your complaint. Then what do you do?
- First of all, make sure that you haven’t violated any rules and regulations of Twitter. Go through these terms and services, and then if you thin that you haven’t violated than your work is almost done.
- Write politely about your problem for @Delbius (Twitter employee). She is extremely helpful. She may not help you if you violated the terms and services but will give your few measures and certain tips that will help you in the future.
- If you have violated the terms and services then, I recommend you to open a new Twitter account and from then at-least follow the Twitter guidelines for the new account.