I am sure by now its well known to most readers that Nokia will be rolling out its Laptop in the near future. The Laptop named Nokia 3G Booklet was expected ever since Intel and Nokia joined hands back in June. Nokia had already made noises about entering the Laptop market ever since February this year. The obvious question most people asked was “Why was the cell phone giant entering the laptop market?”
The two obvious reasons are that the Mobile market is getting saturated and for growth prospects Nokia needs to branch out to tap other revenue earning opportunities. The other reason is that Nokia has its eye on Apple ( PC and Laptop manufacturing) entering the mobile market with its iPhone products and also Dell looking to enter the smart phone market.
Nokia gave out details of the 3G Booklet at Stuttgart at an event on Sept 2 2009.
Nokia 3G Booklet Specs
- 120 GB HDD
- Operation System: Windows 7
- Power: 12 hours Battery life
- CPU: Intel Atom Z350 1.6 Ghz
- Memory: 1 GB
- Display: 10.1-inch (260 mm) 1280×720 HD Ready
- Graphics: Nvidia GF9400M
- Camera: built in Webcame 1.3
- Connectivity: 3 USB ports, SD card reader, HDMI 1.2, 3.5mm audio jacks, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n WLAN, 3G/HSPA, Bluetooth 2.1, A-GPS
- Dimensions: 264 X 185 X 19.9 mm
- 1.25 kg (2.8 lbs)
Previous DW article on Nokia Booklets: Nokia Could Leap Over to Laptop Manufacturing!