All Devils Workshop contributors must follow as well as contribute to these guidelines so as to maintain quality of posts!
This will be updated from time-to-time as-per-demand! You are free to suggest any editing to this any time!
1. Provide as much as screenshot/videos/example/links you can!
Do u know we have 160GB+ free space on our server! Great Na!!! :-)So never hesitate to upload anything you need to make your post more readable!
- Screenshots – A picture is worth 1000 words
- Videos – People love Demos
- Examples – They bridge communication gap between you and your audience!
- Links – When all above fails (and you sound alien to people) links can be your final attempt to save your ass (from being kicked for wasting peoples time)!
2. We hate stealing!
So always cite resources you are using clearly in your posts!
Also using a resource doesnt mean copying it as-it-is! Duplication of content may lead a contributor to loose his membership with DW!
Gurr.. why so strict about this??
Google and other search engine are able to detect duplicate content and also can recognise which one is original! So that may lead to blacklisting of DW!
3. We hate spamming!
Never use (or better say abuse) your posts with irrelevant keywords just for better search engine ranking!
Well what matters more to us are our human visitors! And any kinda spamming will surely annoy them!
4. Use optimal formatting! (<<IMP)
Dont paint each line of your post in different color. Remember we are here to write and not to paint!
Also a plain-text post is pain to read. So use formatting wisely!
Format as per demand! Here are some example of common demands….
- Headings/subheading can go in bold.
- Use code tag for Source Codes/ error messages/etc machine related stuff.
- Write commands in bold/italics.
- Always hyperlink wherever possible!
Key to remember…
- Formatting is not coloring! In fact avoid coloring any part unless it begs you to color itself!
- Formatting is to enhance readability!
5. Summary Writing
This is not essential for small posts! But if you are writing a bigger post covering may things its good to end that with abstract/summary saying…
- Related Links (this is used at the end of this post)
Finally, Do u know this post can be made 10 times better with very little change in content! So lets play a game of improving this to learn some blogging tips on the way! 🙂
Related: Click here to join Devils Workshop!