How often do you end up asking someone on the phone – “Hey, where are you?” Well, this happens to be the most common question of any cell phone caller. Designed to keep up with an increasingly mobile lifestyle, Glympse visually answers this question for you.
Glympse is a mobile service that allows GPS-enabled mobile phone users to share their location via a Web-based map for a pre-set period of time with anyone they choose.
You could use this feature to “glimpse” anyone in your contact list to share your location. This way the recipients will know exactly where you are, when and for as long as you want them to. With Glympse, you are in complete control – you choose WHO you want to see your location, WHEN and for HOW LONG.
This feature is easy to enable within seconds. Here’s how:
- Download Glympse to a GPS-enabled smartphone device.
- You don’t need to create an account to use the service
- Once downloaded, you can “glimpse” anyone you choose by simply selecting a contact
- Choose the duration you want your location to be available to the recipient.
- Then hit ‘send’.
- You could set a timer for how long you want your location to be shared, from minutes or up to four hours.
- You have the option to “pause” or “cancel” this feature at any time.
- This also has the “auto shut off” security feature in case someone forgets to turn off the location-sharing mode and unintentionally broadcast their whereabouts at inappropriate times.
- You could also add a photo and nickname or an optional message to appear on the map with their location
Anyone with an Internet-enabled mobile device or email access can receive your whereabouts through an SMS or email message with a unique URL that can be clicked to open browser with a map, pinpointing the sender’s precise location.
Check it out for yourself and get ready to start sharing where you are: Get Glympse