I use Google Reader to follow blogs on a daily basis. Sometimes we are so preoccupied with the basic functionalities of something we use everyday that you forget, there is something called ‘Settings‘ which can make life a lot simpler.
With Google Reader it is quite easy to share an article using my Gmail account. But I use Facebook and Twitter to share links of online articles that I read. These are not necessarily just what I write but also anything that I come across which I find interesting. Recently I came across a way to do this using Google Reader directly.
Google Reader Settings
- While using Google Reader click on ‘Settings‘. This will open up a host of tabs. Click on the ‘Send To‘ tab.
- You can see that the ‘Send To’ settings allow you to select a number of ways to share the post online. As you can see in the image below I decided to share it using Twitter and Facebook.
- Once I selected the two websites or services I wanted, I had to start using Google Reader to read articles and look up something that I found interesting enough to share on Twitter and Facebook.
- While reading a post on Google Reader, there is now a new option available with every post that is ‘Send To‘
- I just needed to click on it and select which website or service I wanted to send the link to.
Hope you found this tip useful and if you liked using it, do let me know through your comments. 🙂