Selecting a domain name is really a tough job, if we select a domain name we should not buy it immediately rather follow the steps below . Though Rahul wrote a similar article few months back but this post contains some new points that you should follow.
1. Always remember that buy domain from trusted websites only. Below is a list of some trusted websites given by Google
- Network Solutions
- Yahoo! Small Business
- My Domain
- Domain Direct
2. Do remember that do not buy domain from where you buy hosting. That’s because if by any chance your hosting company bans/deletes your site, you will loose your domain also.
3. First of all, before buying a domain name go to Archive.org and check if the domain you chose existed in the past or not. Basically, Archive.org is a wayback machine that tells you how the website looked in the past.
4. If there are zero results on Archive.org then jump to point number 5. If its showing any results then you should check if your domain has any links in major search engines or not.
To check this go to Google and type site:you-site-address
If it shows zero results then its fine and if it shows some results then it means that the domain is not new to Google, there can exist a factor of Google Trust.
5. After search engines its time to check if your domain is banned from Google Adsense or not. Visit Adsense Sandbox and type your domain name and click on Show Google Ads. If the Google ad appears then your domain is not banned.
I hope these points will help you in finding a perfect domain name for your site.
Also read : How does a good domain looks like
Also visit Technoholic for latest updates on spy gadgets, laptops, mobiles & digital cameras reviews
Great tips , gagan
its good post describing all basic facts should be bookmarked
What to do if one has domain and hosting at one place? why will any host delete one’s site
thanks its good post..
Nice tips. Thanks for the share.
“Do remember that do not buy domain from where you buy hosting. That’s because if by any chance your hosting company bans/deletes your site, you will loose your domain also.”
If the hosing company bans/deletes my site I think all the posts on the site will lost forever, then how will you get back that lost data. Do we need to start-over again?
Nice post! I am searching for a good domain, came across your post.