Acer has become a household name in India when it comes to netbooks or laptops. Lower priced than other brands, Acer has marked a niche for themselves in India. So it is not really surprising that they have launched a range of tablets in India. The most impressive of them seems to be the Acer ICONIA Tab A500.
This is a very smart move by Acer, to come up with tablets earlier than other brands in India. This is obviously on the back of iPad 2 being made available in India.
Acer ICONIA Tab 500 Features
- Acer ICONIA Tab A500 will have both Android 3.0 Honeycomb and Windows 7 platform.
- Tab A500 has a touch screen that is 10.1 inches.
- It will be equipped with USB Port along with a mini USB port, HDMI output, Micro SD Card and Sim Card support.
- The thickness of the tablet is 13.3 mm.
- The tablet will run on Android Honeycomb 3.0 and Windows 7 platform.
- The tablet which is Android Honeycomb based will be available for – Rs 27,990/-
- The Windows 7 based tablet will be available at – Rs 32,499/–
With 3G services just beginning to be doled out by telecom companies, we can probably expect a lot more tablets being launched in India. This might be a master-stroke by Acer to get into the game so early.
What are your views and will you be purchasing a tablet device in the near future? Do drop in your comments.
Android tablet is better in terms of friendly touch GUI and good battery life
I guess it Android 3.0, meant for tablets, it should be a great in terms of touch GUI.
its good to see That there are two Variants for the Tablet wit respect to OS ! I think its good News for Windows OS Lovers !
Yes, two variants seems to be a good idea, but only if both variants are high quality. Sometimes time and effort gets too spread out in too many products instead of one single great product. Acer seems to be opting for quantity over sheer quality.