We recently spoke about the top 10 celebrity pages on Facebook. This time the countdown is for the celebs in our routine life – the consumer goods – the life and soul of a consumerist society – Products! Our life and ‘likes’ would not be the same without these well branded goods. So lets find out the which bar code made its way up to our top 5?
- Coca Cola: It doesn’t beat Lady Gaga, but we must acknowledge any page which has over 19,500,000 fans. The story of the Coke Facebook Fan Page is quite famous now. The page was started by two friends, Dusty and Michael, as a normal fan page for Coke. Gradually this page grew to becoming one of the most popular pages, and now is officially supported by Coca Cola as well. Its one of those pages where you can spend your Sundays watching crazy videos of the duo, get into discussions and do much more.
- Starbucks: From a small coffee shop amidst Seattle to 18,500,000 fans, its been a long journey for Starbucks. That’s why this strong distinct flavor makes it on our top 5 countdown. On Facebook, its been quite proactive – be it a personalized application to its credit with Starbucks Check-in or managing your Starbucks subscription Card on Facebook. That’s a few brownie (pun intended) points from us.
- Oreo: It may go perfect with your Starbucks Cafe Verona, but that is no the only reason this little cookie makes it here. I love when Facebook brings to life my day-to-day products. Oreo shares with us fun albums, recipes and much more. Much deserved place on my list with over 15,000,000 likes.
- Converse: When it comes to the kicks, Converse wins with a cool 11,000,000+ fans, almost twice as many fans as Adidas Originals. The simple no fuss shoes hold a strong spot in my ranking as the first non-edible item (hopefully) here.
- Facebook: It proves absolute gratitude and loyalty when the most “liked” page on Facebook is the ‘Facebook’ Page. A symbol that no one has taken it for granted. Alright, maybe few people have, but not the 28,000,000+ fans who like this page.
I consider it as the art of brilliant branding when users don’t forget to prove their love for what they use everyday. These were my top picks for the most popular product pages on Facebook. Don’t see your favorite product page here? Drop in your opinion below and let me know your views.