A favicon is short for favorite icon, which is also known as the website icon, shortcut icon, url icon, or bookmark icon. It is a small, 16×16 pixel square icon that you could see in the browser’s address bar and next to a page’s name in a list of bookmarks.
There are various ways you could create your favorite icon and favicon.cc will help you achieve that quite easily.
This site will allow you to draw your own icon, with or without animation and even import an existing image that you could further edit to suit your requirements. Preview the favicon in the ‘Preview’ window or in the address bar of this site and once you think you’re done, download it or even publish it under an open license.
How does it work?
- Choose a color or colors you wish to use.
- Click on the squares and paint your logo as desired.
- Use animation if necessary
- Preview your favicon
- Download when done
- Put the favicon.ico file into your webserver directory
- Optionally publish it under the CC (Creative Commons) license
Hope you enjoy creating your very own favicon!