Google keeps bringing in a lot of new features and I must admit I am a fan of most new features. Though sometimes these very features can be a little irritating. Take Google instant preview feature which allows me to get a preview of the website while I mouse-over the search result. Unlike Google Instant this feature cannot be turned off. 🙁
For Firefox users
- If you are using Firefox browser you will need to install GreaseMonkey Add-on. You can read all about it here.
- After that just download the script from userscripts.org.
- Firefox will install the script and restart. You should be able to see a “Disable Instant Preview” option like you see in the image above.
For Chrome users
- Chrome browser has internal support for all GreaseMonkey scripts.
- Simply download the script from here and the script installs like any Chrome extension.
- Now your Chrome browser will also show a “Disable Instant Previews” link.
Do drop in your views and comments!