Sometimes I tweet about a problem and it starts a conversation on Twitter. The conversation is really useful only to the people discussing the topic and sometimes it is better to take this conversation off Twitter and onto a chat service.
The problem with Twitter is that, unlike Facebook or even Orkut, it does not support chatting with your friends.
Joint IM is a service which allows users to chat with our Twitter friends.
Joint Instant Messenger Features
- Download the Instant Messenger and login with your Twitter ID and password.
- The messenger opens with the ability to search through your Twitter contacts.
- Contacts can be invited on Joint IM to you both can chat when online at the same time. The chat can be one on one or even group chats.
- The invitation is sent via Direct Message, which means Joint works with only people who follow you back.
- The only drawback seems no easy way to send tweets on the instant messenger.
Usually when it comes to messaging online, I prefer using Gmail or Skype. But I have noticed that Twitter contacts usually are created independent of your social circle on Facebook, Gmail.
If you are a Twitter addict and have great conversations with some friends, it is not a bad idea to the conversation off Twitter and onto a messenger.
Thanks to Muru0410, for the tip. Do drop in your comments.