The number of gadgets we connect to the internet are growing. Now with tablets and almost everyone having their own laptop and smartphones a typical family can even have five or six devices connecting to your Wifi router. Sometimes there are more devices to be connected, than a router can handle and the best option in such situations is to turn your laptop into a Wifi hotspot. mHotspot is a free and simple application that allows users to create Wifi hotspots out of their PCs.
How mHotspot works:
- Install the software on your computer which you want to turn into a Wifi hotspot.
- The software allows users to customize a name for the hotspot. This will showup as a Wifi network of other devices that your need to connect. This means it works with most mobile phones and tablets regardless of platforms.
- You can monitor all the devices that connect through your PC and more importantly limit the number of devices that can connect.
- It also supports WPA2 password security.
- You can also allow sharing of Wifi without internet connection to enable playing multiplayer games on LAN.
Here is a video on how mHotspot works.
The software does require Microsoft’s .NET Framework 4.0 for it to work.
Try out mHotspot and drop in your comments.
Link: Download mHotspot