I recently came across a post on Devils Workshop on Facebook Lite. As I went through the comments I found out alot of readers are facing problems of auto- login to lite version instead of original facebook version.
It took me a while to get to the root of the problem, as I am not facing this problem and also none of the friends around me. 🙁
Here are a few possible solutions that may help:
- Change the URL from http://lite.facebook.com/ to http://www.facebook.com/
- Click on settings tab, select “Friendships” option. You will get a page as the one shown below. Click on “main site“, that will redirect you to the older version.
- On most of the occasions facebook lite is supported only in English, so a change in the language may do the trick. To change the language click on settings tabs and this time select the “Language” option. This will show you a page to select a language. Select a new language. I would suggest English (Pirate) 😉 and click on “Set Language”. Voila, we are back to good old facebook. Go to settings again and switch back to previous language. If you face problem finding language settings in non-English language, go to this link http://www.facebook.com/editaccount.php?language
- Another way is to flush the DNS cache of your system.
o To flush DNS cache in Microsoft Windows (Win XP, Win ME, Win 2000):-
- Open Command prompt (Click on Start -> Run -> type cmd)
- Type “ipconfig /flushdns” and hit enter key.
- Type “ipconfig /registerdns” to register back dns.
o To flush the DNS cache in Linux, restart the nscd daemon:-
- Open terminal, type “/etc/rc.d/init.d/nscd restart”, hit enter key.
o To flush the DNS cache in Mac OS X Leopard:-
- Open terminal, type “lookupd –flushcache”
ex: bash-2.05a$ lookupd -flushcache
o To flush the DNS cache in Mac OS X:-
- Type “dscacheutil -flushcache” in your terminal to flush the DNS resolver cache.
ex: bash-2.05a$ dscacheutil -flushcache
I hope these solutions helps you out and get you back to Facebook 🙂