Yep! The rumors were true. MacBook Air is in the air now as Steve Jobs unveiled according to him, “world’s thinnest notebook.”
As it used to happen with other thin notebooks this doesn’t compromise on keyboard, display or speed! With 13.3″ display, full size keyboard, 2 GB Memory and Intel Core 2 Duo processor everyone will have to answer Yes to Steve Jobs question “Isn’t it great?” which he asked at the end of keynote! One step ahead forget about compromising on specs, this comes with bigger touchpad, next generation wireless technology and battery-life of 5 hours when wireless is on!
And while doing all this Apple did not forget its commitment with nature. Highly recyclable aluminum enclosure, Mercury-free LCD display with arsenic-free glass, amongst other things makes MacBook Air eco-friendly.
Now Lets move to specs that made us utter “WOW”… 🙂
Dimensions: (So how thin it is!)
- Height: 0.16-0.76 inch (0.4-1.94 cm)
- Width : 12.8 inches (32.5 cm)
- Depth : 8.94 inches (22.7 cm)
- Weight: 3.0 pounds (1.36 kg)
Processor & Memory: (So how fast it is!)
- Processor: 1.6 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
- Memory: 2GB of 667MHz DDR2 SDRAM onboard
Now something that could have been better… 🙁
- Storage: 80GB 4200-rpm PATA HDD (This should have been 120 in basic model)
- Price: $1799
- MacBook Air SuperDrive: Optional External USB Optical Drive that costs $99
Did not get shock with this optional accessory? K read next line…
MacBook Air doesn’t have any optical drive!
Hwz that now! Isn’t it shocked you?