Microsoft has officially announced the initial pricing for Windows 7, saying that the prices for the Windows 7 operating system are more or less in line with those for Vista.
Microsoft also announced that those who will buy Windows Vista Home Premium, Business or Ultimate computers before Windows 7 goes on sale will get FREE upgrades from their manufacturers.
Windows 7 Upgrade Option Program
Brandon LeBlanc says in a blog post says:
“Starting today, i.e. June 26, anyone who buys a computer from a participating OEM or retailer with Windows Vista Home Premium, Business or Ultimate on it will all receive an upgrade to the corresponding version of Windows 7 at little or no cost…
…The Windows 7 Upgrade Option Program will be available until January 31st, 2010 – and is global!”
Click here more details on taking advantage of the Windows 7 Upgrade Option Program.
How much will Windows 7 cost?
On an average, Microsoft says that their customers will pay less and get more with Windows 7. They are reducing the price of Home Premium Upgrade by approximately 10% (depending on the market) for Windows 7.
“In the U.S., this means a customer buying Windows 7 Home Premium upgrade will pay only $119.99 instead of the $129.99 being charged today for its predecessor.”
Estimated Pricing for Windows 7
Estimated retail prices for upgrade packaged retail product of Windows 7 in the US are:
- Windows 7 Home Premium (Upgrade): $119.99
- Windows 7 Professional (Upgrade): $199.99
- Windows 7 Ultimate (Upgrade): $219.99
And the estimated retail prices for full packaged retail product of Windows 7 in the US are:
- Windows 7 Home Premium (Full): $199.99
- Windows 7 Professional (Full): $299.99
- Windows 7 Ultimate (Full): $319.99
Windows 7 in more languages
On October 22nd, Windows 7 will be available in the following 14 languages:
- Brazilian Portuguese
- Simplified Chinese
- Traditional Chinese
- Chinese (Hong Kong)
The remaining 21 languages will become available starting October 31:
- Serbian Latin
Special time limited offers by Microsoft!
Here is your opportunity to pre-order Windows 7 at more than 50% discount.
[Please note that this offer is valid for select markets only.]
Avail the offer
- Online retail partners like Best Buy or Amazon
- The online Microsoft Store
Select markets include:
- US, Canada and Japan
- For the U.S. and Canada, this offer ends on July 11.
- For Japan, this offer ends on July 5 (or till supplies last.)
- UK, France and Germany
- Pre-ordering a copy of Windows 7 starts on July 15
- Offer ends on August 14 (or supplies last)
So hurry… make hay while sun shines!