Forgetting passwords is a common problem. We have previously covered how to recover passwords from protected excel files in our past post. Here is one more I thought you might like as it covers recovering passwords from the messengers you use on the computer.
If you use many chat messengers and have unique passwords for each of them. Forgetting one such password is a situation many of us might have found ourselves in. In this case what you need is a password recovery tool specifically meant for messengers.
About MessenPass Password Recovery
- MessenPass recovers password from almost all popular messenger clients (list is included below).
- It is a tool that can be used for grabbing the current user on the system using the chat clients. It cannot recover the passwords from chat clients which is used by logging into a different user account on the system.
- The only problem with MessenPass is that some Anti-Virus programs to consider the installation file as a trojan and that can be a problem. On the website there is are details on dealing with such a scenario.
List of Messengers included:
- MSN Messenger
- Windows Messenger (In Windows XP)
- Windows Live Messenger (In Windows XP/Vista/7)
- Yahoo Messenger (Versions 5.x and 6.x)
- Google Talk
- ICQ Lite 4.x/5.x/2003
- AOL Instant Messenger v4.6 or below, AIM 6.x, and AIM Pro.
- Trillian Astra
- MySpace IM
Do check out the password recovery software and let me know what you think about it?
Download Link: MessenPass Password Recovery Tool
Just want to inform, Anti-Viruses trigger false alarms for this software. At least, Kaspersky do. Not sure about others.
@Rishabh: I did cover that point as my 3rd point. 🙂
Oops! My bad 😐