There’s just something about radio – that element of surprise, that anticipation of what’s coming next, that man-I-haven’t-heard-that-song-in-years sensation. That’s the promise of the new free Yahoo! Music iPhone app. Powered by CBS Radio, it lets you browse through 300+ stations within more than 20 genres (from Bollywood to Goth to Naughty Comedy). CBS RADIO crammed a lot of great features into the Yahoo! Music app so that you will never be without your favorite music when you’re on the go. Here are just a few of the great features included:
- Browse through 20+ genres
- Skip up to six songs an hour
- Browse stations by genre or find local stations ‘near you’ utilizing GPS
- Share stations with friends
- Browse your listening history or recently played stations
- Buy albums/songs via iTunes
- Listen to 1010WINS, KROQ, WFAN and more than a hundred other CBS RADIO stations in addition to Yahoo! Music’s 150 music stations
- Add presets for instant access to your favorite stations
The Y! Music app streams two distinct kinds of stations; interactive & non-interactive. The main difference between interactive and non-interactive streams is the ability to skip songs. Every time you launch an interactive station, you will be listening to a unique music experience. No two streams are the same! With non-interactive stations, you will be listening to the same stream that is being broadcast on the air. If you’re in Los Angeles, you can listen to a station in New York as if you were really there! It’s like being in two places at once!
(Image credits and Source: Yahoo Music Blog)
p class=”MsoNormal”>[Editor’s Note: This post is submitted by our guest blogger Akshay Raje.
Akshay is a self thought freelance web designer and developer, loves to travel and is a great movie buff too. Web.D is about his projects and experiments with web technologies.
If you too, would like to write for Devils Workshop, please check this. Details about our revenue sharing programs are here.]
this is really cool….