If you think that the ‘King of Gadgets – Apple iPhone‘ & Lower End Touch Screen Phone from Samsung named ‘Star 3G (S5603)‘ are not at all the contestants of the same game for comparing the features, Then Read on This article is totally for you.
1. Apple iphone is having TFT capacitive touchscreen with 16M colors & display of size 320 x 480 pixels. Whereas, Samsung Star 3G is having TFT capacitive touchscreen of 16M colors & 240 x 320 pixels( 2.8 inches) of display which come switch Accelerometer sensor for auto rotation in portrait & landscape mode, also it comes with the Gesture lock.Even iPhone have same accelerometer, scratch resistant screen & proximity sensor.
2. They have same network ranges for quad band GSM in 2G : 2G: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900, but in case of 3G iPhone have bands HSDPA 900 / 2100 (7.2 Mbps) & Star 3G Have HSDPA 900/850/2100 (7.2 Mbps). Both are having EDGE & GPRS like any other smartphone.
3. iPhone runs on Iphone OS 3.1 whereas Samsung star 3G on their Touchwiz Operating system. Processor obviously iPhone have good speed.
4. Battery Life: iPhone runs many apps,/functions & have less batter compared to Samsung Star 3G.
5. Wifi is not in Star 3G & it is there with iPhone which is only big difference with iPhone.
GPS is available in both, Radio with RDs technology in Samsung Star 3G & not provided in iPhone.
iPhone Have Digital compass, Google Maps, Audio/video player, TV-out, Voice command/dial.
Whereas Star 3G also Have Google Maps, Audio / Video Player, Gesture Lock, MP3 / WMA / AAC player, H.263 / H.264 / WMV / MPEG4 player, Organizer, Shazam Find Music service, Turn-to-mute features which gives tough fight to Apple iPhone.
Video is at VGA@30fps & video geo-tagging in iPhone with 3.15 MP, 2048×1536 pixels Camera , where as Star 3G have 3.2 MP, 2048×1536 pixels with LED flash & QVGA @ 15FPS with smile recognition, Panaroma shot, & in-built photo editor.
Apps Vs Widgets
Apple iphone comes with many widgets & app store support for more than 5000 apps. Where as Samsung star 3G have in-built widgets like Facebook, Youtube, Google Maps, Search, Gmail, Picasa, Flickr, clocks, Photo rotator & many more which are embedded in its sidebar. They have drag & Drop Functionality which works awesome with Star 3G. And they are easily customizable. Now, these guys have just launched their Widget store, which is in premature stages, so support is less in that case. But you know, these many things in built reduces chances that you need any more widgets. Moreover, you have power of Java MIDP to customize any more apps if you need which includes thousands of application to run on your phone. So it’s no big deal.
Other Features :
Both have MP3 Ringtones & Vibrator & Star also includes support for Wav files also. Bluetooth v2.1 with A2DP & USB 2.0 is available in Both.
Touch Experience :
Apple iPhone having extra ‘Multi touch technology’ other wise both of them having great ‘touch flow’. I tested Star 3G in & out in all direction for any flaw, but ‘Samsung’s’ Touchwiz” technology is truly outstanding which gives very quick response for every action. So both are good at Touch experience & competitive.
Cost Effectiveness :
As we are aware cost is most acting driving force in case of selection of Cell phone.
In India Samsung Star 3G Cost : 11,500 Rs. (Average Market Price)
iPhone 3G Costs around 28 to 35,000 Rs.(Average Market Price)
Note that it is price of 3G model not star 3G. It is not officially rolled out in India. Still It costs almost thrice the Star 3G. & this where real competition is.
For 20,000 extra with iPhone You only get a Compass & Wifi thats it. You can buy a Wi Fi Enabled netbook in this price with your star 3G. And about compass, Compass it is available in Rs.50, just that it is not built with your gadget. Still, Why to pay more when we have better options.
If you are just a fan of apple, No question arises of choice. (It would be stupid choice in my case)
But if you want a touchscreen experience like iPhone or even better trust me Samasung Star 3G S5603 is best option you can go for.
For Technical Specifications & To Know More Visit Here:
[Editor’s Note: This post is submitted by our guest blogger Amol Wagh. Amol likes to give out tips to aspiring ethical hackers around the world. He is interested in SEO, animation and blogging and writes columns on ethical hacking and blogging for Times of India (Nashik Times). He authors the following blogs – seobloggingtips,hackersenigma and digitalconqurer.