This is my first post (and first workaround) for my blogger friends!
Wel this is for only blogger beta users! This is actually a modified version of Neo’s original work!
This does not require any coding knowledge, so all bloggers are free to experiment with this!
So coming to the point, if u scroll-down this page, then u can see Top 10 labels as wel as a drop-down box for labels. (also shown in this screenshot on RHS =>>)
The reason behind showing only Top 10 is there are many tags with just 1 or 2 posts. So instead show only Top 10 tags and then let the visitor choose rest of the tags from drop down menu!
U can change this 10 to any no. u like!
#How To Add this?
Part 1: Edit HTML…
- Click here to open a plain-text code file. (Name: “top 10 labels in blogger beta.txt”)
- Now log-into ur blogger beta account.
- From ur Dashboard go to the layout of ur blog.
- Then click on “EDIT-HTML” tab. Also expand the code by checking checkbox above the codebox.
- Now find following code in section.
- Now copy entire text from “top 10 labels in blogger beta.txt” file to bloggers HTML just below the above code.
- Now check out preview. U should see
Top10 Labels in Top-side of ur sidebar. Wait…! You can see just 10 Labels! Well thats fine upto this point! So trust me and save ur HTML template code.
- Now click on page-element tabs.
Part 2: Page Elements…
- Now on page-elements tab, u shud see a widget named “Top Label” in sidebar. It will also have a edit link.
- Click on edit-link.
- Just make one editing. By default, labels are shown alphabetically, select ‘by frequency” instead. And then press save changes! (as shown in screenshot)
- Its done now. U can move this widget to anywhere like any other widget! 🙂
How to change Top-10 to Top-20 or something??
It needs one change in HTML code. Find
if ( myCnt < 10 )
and change 10 to anything u like. e.g. 20 for Top-20 labels, etc!
Sorry for trouble dude and thanks for bringing it to my notice!
The link has been corrected now! 🙂
dude, from where do i get the .txt file…
Thanks man, it is the great news for hearing you provide this information to me. THnk
This is my site http://tandt-u.blogspot.com/
I used your method to get the labels but it is not showing anything. Only if i set it to the default blogger style the labels are showing. can you check and help me.
The labels were showing earlier but now they have disappeared for 2 days.
I left blogger more than a year ago. So I am not able to check this.
You can google for help but… 🙂
The file link redirects to 403 error. Check it !