I was recently trying to check out if I can get my emails from a Yahoo Account into Outlook Express. On trying to setup various methods to enable pop forwarding with my Yahoo India account; I came up to the message which read as
“We’re still tweaking the Yahoo! Mail Beta Accounts option. Temporarily you’ll need to access it through the original Yahoo! Mail interface. But, rest assured, any changes made will take effect once you’ve reloaded the Yahoo! Mail Beta.” 🙁
That was obviously disappointing and but then after changing back to Yahoo Mail Classic interface, it still did not allow me to use POP forwarding. I did a little research on it and realized there were some tricks to changing account information and getting POP and Forwarding access available to the Yahoo mail.
Changing Account Information
- The trick here it to change the account information from Yahoo India to Yahoo Asia.
- When you are at your Yahoo mail page and signed-in, click on Mail Options. Here you will get to click a link which reads as Account Information. Click on it.
- At account information you can change your default account status from Yahoo India to Yahoo Asia.
- Then you need to sign-out and sign-in. Now after that you can go to Mail Options and click on Pop Forwarding. You will get the option of enabling POP settings.
- Once done with thing you can use POP settings given below and download your Yahoo Mails into email clients like Outlook Express and Gmail fetcher.
What if changing account information does not help?
If you carry out the steps above you should be able to you POP mail with your Yahoo Mail. But there are some cases of a few account not getting to use POP and Forwarding options even after changing Yahoo Account information.
Here you can directly click on this link and it takes you directly to configure your POP and Forwarding settings. (see image below)
Yahoo POP server settings are usually as follows:
Incoming Mail Server (POP3): pop.mail.yahoo.com
Use SSL, port: 995
Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP): smtp.mail.yahoo.com
Use SSL, port: 465, use authentication
Hope this helps you get your emails down to a Email client like Outlook Express or Gmail fetcher from your Yahoo Mail account. If you know of any new tips or tricks for Yahoo Mail do let me know through your comments.
Caution: Changing account settings can start giving you changes to your main landing page. This means if you got India centric content on Yahoo.com you might be getting different content with Yahoo Asia.