Have you ever thought that two giant Social media companies like Facebook and twitter were going to be business partners some day ? Well, yes Facebook tried to buy Twitter in 2008 and failed.
According to the Financial Times, Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg offered 500 million dollars in Facebook stock for Twitter. I wonder what would have happened if Twitter would have accepted the offer?
What if Facebook have bought Twitter?
- Twitter would have all blue background like the one Facebook has.
- Facebook status updates and chat would have been like a twitter scroll.
- There would have been a sent and received status comments and updates. 🙂
- People would get the choice of following someone’s ‘every’ activity.
- Everyday there would be trends to follow on Facebook too. All though there are many trending topics on Facebook but they are not very frequent.
These and many more, would have been a normal thing. Well, thank God it didn’t happen. 🙂 We do enjoy Facebook and Twitter as it is. Did you know that Twitter was offered $2.5 billion from Google? (source) 🙂 Twitter is becoming a favorite these days, after Facebook off course. But, I don’t think they are ready for a merger yet!
What else do you think would have been different or changed? Do share your views with me through the comments below?