Having a great vocabulary or a good command over the language does not mean we cannot make mistakes when it comes to writing an email or even a note. There are times, when we are not sure if about an article or general grammar rules. Then there are mistakes which creep in inadvertently. We bloggers call them typos.
After the Deadline is a great service which allows correcting grammar and even checking context of a word in a sentence.
Features of After the Deadline
- The best part of ‘After the Deadline’ is that it has a host of options to check up on from Grammar mistakes to double negatives.
- Another good feature is I could exclude some websites. ‘After the Deadline’ does not check up on your writing on those sites. 🙂
- You might wonder why not use the inbuilt correction from the browser. I found ‘After the Deadline’ far more advanced. It does check for context even if the spelling of the word is correct. This is helps in the case you when I write the word ‘thing’ in place of ‘think’. Most browser correction software cannot pick this up.
There are a couple of drawbacks or negatives of After the Deadline extension or Add-on.
- I was not able to use it properly with Gmail. Also I had to restart my browser even with Chrome, to get the features working fine.
- Some text boxes still are incompatible with ‘After the Deadline’ extension or add-on. We cannot use it there. 😐
‘After the Deadline’ is one of my favorite spell checking tools. I have used this for a couple of weeks and to be honest I have not seen anything better out there. Download it on your browser or even as a bookmarklet. If you have a WordPress blog you can download the plugin too. 🙂
Try it out and do drop in your comments.