I had recently written about storing your Microsoft Office documents on Google Docs, thanks to a plugin. But on my laptop, I do not use MS Office and prefer using OpenOffice which is free. I still like to save my documents on Google Docs, as when it comes to collaborative work, there is nothing better than Google Docs.
OpenOffice.org 2 GoogleDocs is useful to import or export files between Google Docs and OpenOffice.
OpenOffice 2 Google Docs Features
- Firstly, download the plugin on your computer from link below. Now run the file which installs a add-on for OpenOffice on your computer.
- Then start OpenOffice software on your computer and you should see a new add-on installed on it.
- Just import any file from Google Docs to OpenOffice by clicking on the Import from Google Docs options.
- It has a helpful feature which shows all your Google Docs in a list for users to either download or open via a browser (see image below).
- Similarly, we can export the document on Google Docs by saving the document and updating it. Just make sure that the credentials of Google are complete, as in users need to insert “@gmail” after as shown in the image below.
- Subsequently, you can also choose to auto-update your document. 🙂
If you are using OpenOffice and Google Docs, do give it a try. Do drop in your comments.