I’ve been using Linux for some months and was searching through the synaptic Package Manager and cannot find an equivalent Utility to HJ Split. The Linux version of HJ Split was not very effective and I went through many forums and posts. Got some results but not really satisfied!
I wondered if I’m just not using the right search parameters?
So, I tried randomly by replacing ‘H’ with ‘J’ in HJ Split as in for example I have entered JJ Split and hit the search button.
I found a software that is named JJ Split.
What does it do?
- A file splitter made in java to split and join files very quickly for easier transfer over the internet.
- It has the option to delete parts one by one while joining/splitting.
- Supports joining .001, .002 parts as well. Just double click to join the files..”
- I was pleasantly surprised and stunned in its speed and performance. It guess it is surely be few times faster than any other software like HJ Split.
Features of JJSplit
- Just open the first part to join.
- Option to delete the parts one by one while joining to free up space and time.
- Multithreading (supports multiple splitting and joining at the same time)
- Portability (no need to install)
- Supports joining the popular .001, .002 split-files as well..
I found that, it is a product created by a student by name Vigneshwaran. 🙂
Hats off to him for making my splitting and joining tasks more easier than ever before 🙂