With all the recent IT layoffs and the numbers still on the rise, this website might just come in handy for some of you out there. JobStreet.com offers a comprehensive suite of interactive recruitment services that will help you find jobs in Asia – India, Malaysia, Singapore, Philippines, Indonesia, Bangladesh, Japan, Thailand, and Hong Kong.
More about JobStreet
- It came into existence in 1995 and since then has very quickly grown to become one of the leading Internet Recruitment websites in the Asia-Pacific.
- International and local Asian corporations recruit from JobStreet.com’s pool of talent.
- The recruitment process is managed through their uniquely developed software applications via the Internet.
- It also offers a comprehensive Recruitment Automation solution, as a hosted service. This helps corporates view Talent Acquisition from a strategic perspective, allowing them to create and manage an ongoing talent pool/pipeline, apart from enabling them to hire faster and cost effectively.
How does it work?
- Just choose your location
- Use the search options to find out what’s in store for you
- You could search based on the Industry, your specialization and preferred location
Apply for a job using your mobile via SMS!
India only! Further to their objective of offering a world-class online job search experience, JobStreet also offer Smart capabilities that promise a quicker, faster and instant experience for jobseekers when they want to apply, search and register for jobs.
With this feature, you don’t even need a computer to apply for a job! Here’s how…
- A jobseeker (already registered with JobStreet.com) can simply
- Type APPLY on their mobile phone
- Mention the email ID of a recruiter or an email listed in a newspaper job ad or a career site of a company
- SMS it to 52622
- The SMS service will recognize the mobile number as a registered user of JobStreet
- They will email the resume from JobStreet’s database to the company you applied to
- This enables a candidate registered on JobStreet.com to apply to any job featured anywhere, anytime!
For instance: If a company XYZ has published a job advertisement and has listed an email id [email protected] for job responses, then a candidate needs to just key in APPLY [email protected] on their mobile phones and SMS it to 52622.
JobStreet blog offers a tip:
“Many career experts agree that the best time to look for a new job is while you are still comfortable in your old one. If you are starting to feel unchallenged in your present position, you may be ready for a promotion to the next level. If there aren’t many career advancement opportunities where you work, the best next job may be waiting for you elsewhere. Nowadays, it’s up to you to take control of your professional future and make sure that you are progressing wisely down the right career path.”
So, what are you waiting for? Start your search today!