Apart from its simplicity and its integration with Gmail what I love most about Google-Talk is built-in history feature. I was missing this history feature particularly in Yahoo and Windows Live messenger and guess im-history answered my call!
im-history is a third party service. They came up with a unique solution which works with all well-known Instant Messaging networks.
It works for you no matter if you are using Windows/Linux. It also works when you are on your mobile. It also works with third-party multiprotocol instant messenger like pidgin. Isn’t it cool?
So how it works…
- You need to download, install & configure it once!
- Then it automatically starts syncing all chats (including existing chat history) & contacts with its own online storage.
- So next time you can either go to im history’s online interface or click on its small icon in system tray to browse, search & organize all your chat history and contacts!
A complete and really nice guided tour is here.
Following messengers are supported:
- Yahoo! Messenger
- ICQ Classic/Pro/Lite
- Windows Live Messenger
- Windows MSN Messenger
- Trillian Astra
- Pidgin Linux/Windows
- Pidgin portable plugin (Windows XP/Vista) – no additional software is required.
- SMS-History (Windows Mobile) – The application saves SMS, MMS and e-mails online.