In a previous post I had written about a web service with which you can check if a website has any downtime and sends you an email notification. It can be quite handy for webmasters getting notified about a website’s downtime. Here is another service which will be really helpful for webmasters to carry out a DNS lookup from over 34 locations worldwide.
Why carry out a DNS Lookup?
- Often you might get a scenario that a website is facing downtime from where you are working but that is not the case for everyone.
- It could be a server problem with the service which is hosting the website or it can even be a issue with DNS server of your ISP.
- Here before trying out Google Public DNS or Open DNS you might want to carryout a DNS Lookup for the website using Just DNS Lookup. Just to know if the DNS is being resolved successfully across the world.
- The format is pretty simple. Just visit the website and enter the URL for which you want to conduct a DNS lookup.
- Once done you will get data from various location checkpoints the website will conduct on the URL.
- There is no need to sign-up of register with the website to use this service. 🙂
So try it out for yourself and let me know if you found this useful through your comments.