Few months back, orkut added support for Images, Videos and other HTML in scrapbooks, now on similar lines these cool HTML features are extended to orkut communities.
You can see following screenshot where HTML, image & video shown in a forum post.
To enable this feature.
Yes, by default its disabled… 🙁
- Go to your communities edit profile link in left sidebar menu…
- Next check type setting. If its public you have to change it to moderated as the feature is only available to moderated communities.
- Finally scroll down an look for forum setting. A new check-box will be there saying- ““. Just check it!
Now all community members can post images, videos and other HTML in forum post as shown above! 🙂
How To Post Images, Videos, etc…
(Added on April 20, 2008)
- Adding images
Copy and paste urls ending in .jpg, .gif, .png or .bmp and the image will appear in the scrap.
for example, http://example.com/example.jpg
- Adding videos from YouTube and Google Video
Copy and paste the url and the video will appear in the scrap.
for example, http://youtube.com/watch?v=videoid
- Adding podcast/audio
Copy and paste the url of an audio file and an audio player will appear in the scrap.
for example, http://example.com/example.mp3
- Adding html-embeddable objects
Create or upload your content at sites such as photobucket.com, imageshack.com, rockyou.com or slide.com. Copy and paste the html embed code to share it with your friends.
I think many community owner will not like requirement to make the community moderated type in order to use this feature. It seems orkut is worried about spam and security, but orkut is bad at handling both problems anyway… 😉