Facebook has revealed the top 10 trends among status updates of this year. Almost every blog, website does this so why not Facebook. Even we have a look at the year that is going away and the things we did most or we did not do at all.
Well the top 10 list consists of :
- HMU: This is the abbreviation for ‘Hit me Up’. According to the Facebook blog, in September this pattern emerged and started rising like never before. Many folks were writing this on their status update to say that they are free, want to hang out or lets party. Just to tell that a particular person is free, this was used.
- World Cup: World Cup is a much awaited thing for the sports lovers. Obviously it was mentioned more and more on the status updates of people. They loved to share about their teams, winners, goals and what not about World Cup on Facebook.
- Movies: “Toy Story 3,” “The Twilight Saga: Eclipse,” “Inception,” “Alice in Wonderland” and “Iron Man 2” were the five most discussed (in that order). I remember having a discussion on Twilight movie for more than a month, and who can forget the talks on Inception! 🙂 Well, we do talk about movies and stuff on Facebook and this list is a result of what we love to do most. 😉
- iPad and iPhone: With the rise of technology such talks were expected. People here and there still keep talking about the new iPad or the iPhone they have purchased or just saw in the advertisement.
- Haiti: The impact of the earthquake on Jan 12 was shared and tweeted everywhere in the World. I remember even Farmville and other games launched some seeds etc that were dedicated to Haiti relief fund!
- Justin Beiber: With his song ‘Baby’ being at the top of the charts he was the most talked celeb on Facebook. He is the 15-year-old Pop star with the maximum followers on Facebook as well as twitter.
- Games on Facebook: Farmville, Fronterville and now CityVille these are so famous games that many people login to Facebook daily for the games only. This year with ‘Barn raising’ Facebook had maximum number of people asking other people to raise their barns and play Farmville.
- Mineros / Miners: 33 Chilean miners were trapped underground for 69 days. The whole world shared their story of being trapped and rescued later. Facebook has become a platform to talk about something world-wide.
- Airplanes: International song “Can we pretend that Airplanes in the night sky are shooting starts ! ” by B.o.b had such a catchy lyrics that people world wide used this as their status update. 🙂 If you have not listened to this then do hear it once. 🙂
- 2011: Just as the new year appears people are talking about what they would love to do the next year that is 2011.
This is one list of top 10 status updates. The number game and cartoon character thing was also very famous but only in the month of December. If you remember any other thing that was famous and worth mentioning do drop in the comments.