As a blogger and editor with DW, I have often had posts which I have reviewed written in MS Word and then copy pasted into WordPress post editor. This can cause a lot of formatting issues and subsequently a headache for someone reviewing it. 😛
I came across a nice website called WordOff which removes formatting issues that pop up when content is copy pasted from MS Word to WordPress WYSIWYG editor.
Features of WordOff
- When you come across a messy article which was copied from MS Word and pasted into a WYSIWYG editor just copy it all and paste it into the text box with WordOff.
- Now click on clean up and all the mess is instantly cleared up.
- It removes all the empty elements.
- <span>s and <div>s are completely removed from the formatting.
- Finally the dreaded consecutive line breaks are also sorted out by being reduced.
If you liked this post you might want to check up on using MS Word as a blogging tool.
Try out WordOff if you are having issues clearing by the mess which is created by MS Word when copied and pasted. If you know of any alternatives do drop in your comments.