Yesterday I covered real-time results with Google search. The results shown with real-time are continuous as they are published on the internet. I feel this is great and I can even create Google alerts directly from the search page.
The only issue was if I was searching for a real-time results about a certain event most results would be picked up from Twitter. I did not like that and wished I could exclude Twitter for real-time search results.
How it works!
- It is quite simple. Just type in your search query and search for it. I searched for “Cricket” and got many results. Most of these results were from Twitter.
- To exclude search results showing links from Twitter I just had to enter “Cricket -site:twitter.com“
- Immediately the real-time results being shown had tweets omitted as search results.:-)
- This trick works even with normal Google search results. This is a great way to search for something and exclude results from popular social networking websites.
- This tip can also work with Twitter search. For example search for “#India -username” (do not use @username and use only username) and you can get all tweets with India tag but a particular username’s tweets are omitted. Helps to omit spam. 😀
Do try out these tips and if you know a few more do share them through your comments.