Colours can mean a lot of things. Red usually means danger, green means go and so on. Color coded charts are often used as a great way to focus on important information, especially if there is an overload of information which needs to be digested.
Twimbow is a nice online tool to manage your Twitter account using a color coding strategy.
- If you are using TweetDeck or HootSuite, you might be really interested in Twimbow. It has a neatly arranged look about it and a nice search feature.
- It allows tagging certain accounts with a particular colour. For example I decided to mark @Devils_workshop as must read and hence assign it the color ‘Red’.
- Now while looking up the feed, just clicking on the red colored icon, all the tweets from the categorised account get highlighted as seen in the image below.
- I could also drag and drop accounts into different lists within seconds. Mentions, retweets and replies are also highlighted with different colors.
- Users can add multiple twitter accounts. I found it faster than TweetDeck but then I have not tested it for more than a couple of hours.
Honestly, I found it better than TweetDeck and HootSuite for it’s new approach but it does lack the feature of scheduling tweets. If you want a new approach to managing your Twitter accounts from the browser, try out Twimbow. Do drop in your comments.
UPDATE: The team behind Twimbow, citing new API guidelines by Twitter have decided to discontinue supporting the app.
Related: 5 Recommended Twitter Apps